AGRITOURISM AFRICA (AA)
WHO CAN JOIN THE AA?
Any farmer or product/service provider who has a working farm in a rural environment that is tourism friendly.
Once approved, the Agritourism farmer will become a full-time member and pay an annual membership fee of R1000 to cover the costs of website listing, auditors etc.
Membership is open to anyone with an interest in Agritourism. This includes:
- Tour Operators
- Tour Guides
Annual membership fees are applicable.
WHAT DO WE OFFER OUR MEMBERS?
- Liaison with stakeholders including tourism and agricultural organisations.
- Marketing, Website Listing and Social Media Communication. This includes the opportunity to tap into free visual footage which is filmed by a professional who has joined Agritourism.
- Championing the development of the Agritourism sector in Africa.
- Communication with journalists about the benefits of Agritourism to farming communities and the financial benefits to farmers.
- Promoting Agritourism to national and international tourists with the aim of benefiting the farmers and rural communities.
- Participation in Exhibitions and Trade Shows.
- Speaking at conferences to educate delegates on Agritourism.
- Farmer members are assisted in unlocking the potential of Agritourism initiatives, thereby contributing to revenue generating opportunities.
- ASA provides educational monthly newsletters with tourism news/opportunities to farmer members.
The following items are made available to farmer members:
- All media articles written by British Guild and IFAJ journalist, Jacqui Taylor, on Agritourism.
- Agritourism T-shirts
- Listings on Agritourism website and Social Media
- Video production
HOW CAN YOU, AS A TOURIST BECOME INVOLVED?
HOW CAN YOU, AS A FARMER OR AS A FARMING COMMUNITY BECOME INVOLVED?Fill in our online Registration form to become a member.
A MEMBER OF