AGRITOURISM SOUTH AFRICA (ASA)
ABOUT AGRITOURISM SOUTH AFRICA (ASA)?
ASA works hard in bringing farmers and the farming experience to visitors, not only to educate visitors about farming, but also to showcase the positive change in farming communities. ASA supports these successes and acts as the link between farmer members and visitors (local and foreign).
ASA is not a booking web portal; its core focus is on farmers and farming. We help all farmers identify possible Agritourism activities and services that farmers can offer on their farms, as well as help with building their brand by taking advantage of marketing and media activities. Preventing rural out-migration by providing an opportunity for small and medium size farmers to improve their quality of life in Africa is a primary concern.
WHAT IS AGRITOURISM SOUTH AFRICAWe try to bring rural towns/municipalities, farmers and agricultural workers together through Agritourism and Agriprocessing
All three are inter-related and depend on each other. As technology and other influences impact on farmers, so fewer agricultural workers are going to be employed. These agricultural workers need to be reskilled.
WHO CAN JOIN THE ASA?
Any farmer or product/service provider who has a working farm in a rural environment that is tourism friendly.
Once approved, the Agritourism farmer will become a full-time member and pay an once-off joining fee of R500 and an annual membership fee of R1 500 to cover the costs of website listing, auditors etc.
Membership is open to anyone with an interest in Agritourism. This includes:
- Tour Operators and Tour Guides
Annual membership fees are applicable.
WHAT ARE THE BENEFITS TO MEMBERS OF ASA ?
- To champion the development of the Agritourism sector in South Africa.
- To liaise with Agricultural and Tourism stakeholders on behalf of farmers
- Video footage is free for all members (T&C's apply)
- Website listings and Social Media Campaigns are free fro all members (note: we are not a booking site)
- Representation at trade and consumer shows
- Writing articles on behalf of farmers for National & International Publications
- Research conducted on behalf of farmers with regards to Agritourism
- Assist members with establishing tourism accommodation on farms (such as camp sites)
- Assist with enterprise development (such as innovative small-scale start-ups on the farm operated by the labour force and co-experiences aimed at visiting tourists
HOW CAN YOU, AS A TOURIST BECOME INVOLVED?
Regularly view the latest Agritourism accommodation and activities, by going online www.agritourismsouthafrica.com. Post your experiences on our Facebook Page: Agritourism SouthAfrica or share our posts.
HOW CAN YOU, AS A FARMER OR AS A FARMING COMMUNITY BECOME INVOLVED?Fill in our online Registration form to become a member.
A MEMBER OF