- Training and development opportunities, specifically around developing managerial skill and entrepreneurial spirit.
- Increase business linkage opportunities through Enterprise Supplier Development interventions.
Benefits for Tourism Industry/Operatorss
- Contributing to the Responsible and Sustainable Tourism Mandate of the South African Tourism Industry.
- Increasing the chances of providing a more diversified portfolio of tourism products and services for tourists.
- Introducing tourist routes and increase in tourism flows into previously limited or untouched “rural destinations”.
- Promotion and positioning of these rural destinations to key tourism markets.
- Allowing for alternative tourist activities that could potentially fill a gap during traditionally off-peak business periods.
- Increasing the opportunity for local economic growth through international tourist interest e.g. volunteering programmes.
Benefits for Local/Rural Communities
- Enhances the Community Based Tourism Mandate of the country.
- Contributes to the revitalisation of local/community facilities, amenities and service provisions for both residents and tourists.
- Will result in additional revenue generating opportunities as the flow of tourists increase i.e. enhanced business/service opportunities for local businesses from tourists.
- Natural contribution to the diversification and strengthening of the local economy through job and income creation as a result of increased tourist flow.
- Will showcase and promote the on-going use of local agricultural products and services from a business linkage point of view e.g. local tourist accommodation and restaurants procure fresh produce from local farmers.
- Helps preserve and revitalize local heritage and traditions e.g. arts and craft.
- Simultaneously increases the ability to protect local landscapes and natural environments for tourists and residents thus contributing to Responsible Tourism.
Benefits for Corporates:
- Training – if they invest in training, they can claim back from the skills development levy.
- Addresses CSI mandates, e.g. gender.