The 5 aspects that will be rated are:
- Accommodation: will only be rated if accommodation is offered on the farm itself.
- Safety: a big consideration in modern day South Africa. What measures are in place to make visitors feel safe during their visit to the farm.
- Leisure activities: the number of leisure activities such as hiking, cycling, fishing, birding, swimming etc that visitors can enjoy on the farm, and the quality of these activities.
- Farm activities: actual farm activities that visitors can observe or participate in.
- Value for money: overall value relative to the cost involved to visit the farm.
The rating will be a value from 1 to 5 with the following reasons for a specific value:
|Unacceptable. Did not meet expectations. Facilities and services are not acceptable. The facility or service requires major improvements to bring this resort up to standard.|
|Basic quality. Definitely requires additional improvements to the facilities and services before reaching an acceptable standard.|
|Good. A good and acceptable quality noted in the overall standard. Minor improvements may still be needed to the facilities and services on offer.|
|Excellent. A very good quality in the overall standard. Almost no improvements are necessary to the facilities and services on offer.|
|Outstanding. Brilliant quality where the farm has exceeded the expectations of the visitor by going beyond the call of duty.|
The date during which the grading was done will be indicated so that visitors can see how recent or relevant the rating is.