Becoming a member of the Association of Agritourism South Africa has several benefits:
The Benefits to members are:
Benefits for Tourism Industry/Operators:
- ASA champions the development of the Agritourism sector in South Africa.
- ASA has developed a strong and recognisable umbrella brand.
- ASA liaises with stakeholders, including tourism and agricultural bodies, and government.
- ASA assists farmer members with their marketing, including social media campaigns.
- Farmer members can post directly to the Agritourism South Africa Facebook site – Agritourism Africa
- Members receive a Website listing (ASA is not a booking site) with photographs.
- ASA speaks at many conferences to educate delegates on Agritourism.
- Farmer members are assisted in unlocking the potential of Agritourism initiatives, thereby contributing to revenue generating opportunities
- ASA represents farmer members at trade shows.
- ASA communicates frequently with journalists about members.
- ASA provides Educational monthly newsletters with tourism news/opportunities to members.
- Contributing to the Responsible and Sustainable Tourism Mandate of the South African Tourism Industry.
- Increasing the chances of providing amore diversified portfolio of tourism products and services for tourists.
- Introducing tourist routes andincrease in tourism flows into previously limited or untouched “ruraldestinations”.
- Promotion and positioning of theserural destinations to key tourism markets
- Allowing for alternative tourist activities that could potentially fill a gap during traditionally off-peak business periods.
- Increasing the opportunity for localeconomic growth through international tourist interest e.g. volunteering programmes
Farm seasons differ from farm to farm depending on the type of farming in the geographical area. We have developed the website, so the tourism industry can directly contact the farmer to find out what months are best for Agritourism bookings. We are the only professional body in South Africa that focuses on farmers and their tourism activities. We are not a booking site, but believe passionately in creating a healthy rural economy in South Africa.
Different types of Agritourism:
Tour Guides and farmers:
- Study tours for technical training and education of foreign farmers.
- Farm families
- Pre-packaged tours
- Agricultural education and training study tours
- Students on study tours and/or on-farm trainees
- Scenic attractions
- Cultural centres
- Country homes, barns, mills, etc.
- Pick-your own farms
- Bus tour groups
- School children.
- Senior citizens
- Farm stay visitors
- Sunday drivers
- 4 x 4 drivers
The One-off joining fee is R500
Membership Fee: R1750 per annum
Please provide a minimum of 7 images.
- Be innovative
- Have a Quality product
- Be Consist
- Be Unique
- Be Friendly
- Be Patient
- Be Flexible and adaptable – a farm environment is not perfect – there are weather and other uncontrollable factors, that the farmer cannot predict.
One of the images will be used for the header the rest are for the gallery. Click here
for an example. Please send large images (minimum 1200px wide, 72dpi)
First National Bank
Account Number: 62652522931
Branch: Business Online
Branch code: 250655
Please send proof of payment to: email@example.com