Earn An Income Off Your Land
The agritourism farm - just image a local vineyard offering classes on how to make wine; a berry patch where visitors can pick their own blueberries and buy homemade blueberry jam; or a milk farm where kids can learn how to milk a cow and parents can buy fresh milk and cheese, or even take a class on how to make cheese.
The possibilities are endless for farmers to earn an extra income.
TIPS FOR AGRITOURISM SOUTH AFRICA MONTH
Here are a few tips on what you can offer your guests during SEPTEMBER - Agritourism South Africa month:
- Give your guests a fresh farm bread on arrival FOR FREE during the month of September
- Take them on a drive through the farm, and show them how it is done
- Let the kids milk some cows (and teach them that milk doesn't come from a bottle)
- Give them something to take home after their visit, i.e.picnic basket, some fruit or a bottle of fresh farm milk
- Give the the farm experience
- Give a SEPTEMBER Special
Agritourism South Africa will also have a SEPTEMBER special for all new members.
Normal once-off fee, but you only pay 50% of the first year's annual fee.
COMPETITION TIME!! From now until the end of September you can also enter our photo competition - FARM NOSTALGIA - to find out more go to Farm Nostalgia